Preventing the Flu at Your Workplace
As we approach the middle of the cold and flu season, there are numerous ways to minimize the likelihood of getting sick. One of the most contributing factors of contracting an illness is contact from contaminated surfaces, such as doorknobs and handles (including microwaves and refrigerators), copier machine buttons and parts, elevator buttons and shared office materials.
To minimize the spread of illness:
· Contact ServiceMaster Clean to confirm regular wiping and disinfecting of all surfaces are part of the task schedule.
· Remind your staff to regularly wash their hands for at least 15-20 seconds with soap.
· Have hand sanitizer readily available for employees and customers.
· Encourage your employees to be vaccinated against the flu.
· Send sick employees home to prevent the spread of illness.